Welcome to the Athens-Meigs Educational Service Center (Athens-Meigs ESC). Our mission is to work in partnership with the community to improve student achievement, build educator capacity, and raise expectations for all individuals within our service area.
The Athens-Meigs ESC is proud to partner with educational agencies in Athens, Meigs, and Perry Counties, including our nine, member districts:
- Athens City School District
- Alexander Local School District
- Eastern Local School District
- Federal Hocking Local School District
- Meigs Local School District
- Nelsonville-York City School District
- Southern Local School District (Meigs)
- Southern Local School District (Perry)
- Trimble Local School District
We take pride in our services and supports. Through collaboration and sharing of resources and services, the Athens-Meigs ESC provides expanded opportunities, at a reduced cost. Those services and programs include but are not limited to:
- Student Services – college and career readiness, related services, special education, and attendance services
- Administrative Services – human resources, background checks & fingerprinting services, conference center & event venue, and paraprofessional assessment
- Leadership Development Services – Business Advisory Council and professional learning networks
- Other Services – early childhood education, Head Start, and State Support Team 16
To view all of the AMESC training for employees, including those that are federally mandated and state-mandated, the public can access the Public School Works Parent Information Center (PIC) here. Interested parties can create a quick account and view the provided training.
Learn more about the work of Ohio's ESCs here.
The Athens Meigs ESC is here to meet the needs of the districts and students whom we serve. I welcome your input and thoughts on how to best do that. Contact me at email@example.com.